Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 384: Fastpass+

Since my HS Band is going to Walt Disney World in June, I've taken it upon myself to spend a bunch of time learning about the system to make reservations and the My Magic Plus system in general, just so if there are any questions when we get closer to the trip, I can hopefully help answer them. It's one of the reasons I'm going to WDW In March, just so I can learn a little bit about this stuff and have some hands on experience.

Not long before my parents left on Vacation, I learned all about Advanced Dining Reservations: How to book them and so on and so forth, including the creation of instructions for the band if they want to make reservations for when we're down there. But there's the other aspect of My Magic Plus that I have yet to learn at all, and that's Fastpass+.

Our day to make Fastpass+ Reservations was before my parents came home, so after some instructions from mom I made the reservations myself. To say it simply, the system is like one of the most brilliant things I have ever seen. The entire site is super high tech, and it takes absolutely everything into account from your entire trip.

This is how it works: You pick the day you're getting Fastpasses for and then choose up to a certain amount of them depending on where you're staying. There may be more than one category, where you can only choose one in the one category but two in the other. It all makes sense, and then it gives you time selections, which you can change later if you want, and if you have a dining reservation stuck in there at a time that will conflict with a fastpass, it lets you know about that too!

And everything is just so beautiful! There are incredible graphics that totally do the parks justice and I honestly sat there and texted my friends like "This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen."

Now, do I think Fastpass+ in general is a good idea? Yeah, once everything is worked out I think the system is going to work great when combined with everything else. I guess I'll really miss the original Paper Fastpasses, just because that's what I've grown up with and now it's all changing, but ultimately change is good sometimes, and I'm going to hold my faith in this one. We'll see what happens in March when everything finally works out, and then let's cross our fingers that everything will work perfectly come June!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment