Monday, July 13, 2015

Day 924: Why the Watch?

I got a new watch not that long ago and realized just the other day that I don't think I ever actually blogged about this particular topic...despite the fact that the watch on my wrist really should remind me of it every single day, and you'll see why in just a minute.

Sometime this last semester, not long after our January trip, I found myself with a watch on my wrist. Previously I wasn't really the watch type, instead just checking my phone or computer or clock on the wall to indicate the time. Did I really need a watch? No, not technically. But did the watch remind me a little bit of Disney? It definitely did.

You see, while at Walt Disney World, you spend your time with a Magicband on your wrist, and eventually you just get used to it being there, right up to the point where when you finally return home, your wrist just feels like it's missing something. The easiest solution because the rest of the world has yet to understand the power of Magicbands? A watch!


Does it give you the ability to access a Disney park? No. Does it allow you to pay for your Starbucks with a simple tap and a PIN? Also no. But can it be Disney themed and make you feel a little bit better about life? Absolutely! This new watch, which I just got the other day, is from Hot Topic and features the characters of Peter Pan, which as I previously blogged about, seems to be making more appearances in my life every single day. My favorite part about this one though? It says "Never Grow Up" along the outside edges, always reminding me of the magic in our everyday lives and that sometimes it's alright to leave the Adult life behind...if only for just a few minutes. 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on July 20 due to technical difficulties).


No comments:

Post a Comment