Sunday, July 26, 2015

Day 937: Breakfast Food

Moving into a larger dorm this fall also means that, for the first time, we have a kitchen to use as our own. Honestly, you wouldn't even think about how much it takes to put together a kitchen until you actually have to figure out what all goes in one...and then where it's all going to be stored, but we're making due. Regardless, it's sort of come to my attention that I may have a bit more cooking experience than some of my roommates, an odd feeling for me, especially since I don't even find myself to be THAT good of a cook. I mean, I can definitely make things and know the processes, but unless it's a batch of cupcakes, I just pray nothing burns and the pasta isn't like glue.

Doesn't mean that my roommates won't look at me like a chicken with its head chopped off when I pull out a spice rack and a lemon juicer.

Truth be told, I'm actually a weird type of OCD when it comes to food. I rarely measure things precisely. Well, I use measuring cups and stuff, but if it's not EXACTLY on the line, I don't worry too much about it, and things like olive oil or vanilla are rarely measured in my world. Whether that's due to me being lazy or what, I'm not sure, but the one thing I do find myself worrying about is definitely the processes and quality of the food. For instance, if I'm making some chicken, I'm not just going to throw that chicken into the pan. No, I'll probably end up marinating it some first and then baking it in the oven. Becuase I have so many allergies, I can't just eat freezer food or an apple and a slice of cheese. So generally, when I'm cooking something, I'm cooking something. From scratch, every process included.

And apparently I'm going to teach my roommates about some of these processes.

Now, once, over a year ago, I talked a little bit about My Disney Kitchen, the game I played as a child continuously. Why I found this cooking game so interesting I don't really know, but it definitely taught me how to make breakfast. Since blogging about it the last time, I found some video evidence of what I'm actually talking about...so here you go:



Of course, subconsciously, when Megan and I decided to make dinner last night and wanted breakfast food, we ended up making pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Funny how life works out that way. And you know what, our dinner looked a lot like the one served to Mickey and Minnie. 


Looking back at the game, however, I do find it a bit funny that Mickey and Minnie take turns eating. Also, I sort of wonder if that game is the reason I never like to do dishes. They just disappear from the table! 

Did you play the My Disney Kitchen game as a kid? Let me know in the comments below! 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment