Monday, July 20, 2015

Day 931: Buffalo

On my drive over to college this morning to catch up on my work, I passed the buffalo farm that sits right ouside my hometown and realized that I've never done a blog post on it despite the fact that every single time I drive past I get some serious Epcot Living with the Land feels.

For those of you who might be a little confused as to why a regular old buffalo farm filled with...you guessed it...buffalo, reminds me of Disney, here's the quick explanation:

The Living with the Land attraction that sits in The Land at Epcot goes through several different ecosystems, one of which is a prairie that features a little family of buffalo (what even is the plural...buffalos?) just hanging around while a wildfire rages on in the background. Now apparently pictures of this scene are hard to find, but I eventually tracked one down from over on AllEars!


So, as you can imagine, whenever I see the buffalo I have a little flashback to one of my favorite Epcot attractions, and let me tell you, I think it's the baby buffalo that triggers it more than the adults. No idea why. Although once, about five years ago when I went out to Colorado and South Dakota with my high school band, I did get to see live wild buffalo, and that was an awesome experience despite the fact that I could go see buffalo any day of the week. There was just something about the fact that it was the land in real life that made it extra special.

Other things that remind me of Living with the Land? Thunderstorms, Prairie Dogs, Farms, Dogs, Greenhouses and, oddly enough...blueberries?

Is there anything in your life that reminds you of Living with the Land?

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on July 24 due to time restraints).

No comments:

Post a Comment