Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Day 1002: But I Drifted...

It's been a while since I found enough little references in my life to Disney to do a round up of them all. As much as I could probably write a blog post on every single one of these things, I think you would probably get pretty bored if all I talked about was Mac & Cheese for a day. Then again, who doesn't like Mac & Cheese? The point, however, is that, sometimes, there are a lot of little references to Disney that make our day a little bit brighter, and it's those exact moments that make up the foundation of Everyday Disney. So, over time, I make notes of such references I find in my daily life, whether it's in a class, at a meal, or on the radio, and then do a round up of the little things!

Roasted Almonds: 

I've never really been a fan of nuts, and yet there's something about the Cinnamon Roasted Almonds you can find at Walt Disney World that keeps me coming back for more. It's certainly possible that it's the fact that it's Disney food, and all Disney food is amazing, or maybe I actually like almonds after all. Either way, I don't have Cinnamon Roasted Almonds here in Wisconsin, but I do have roasted almond tea. Thanks to a combination of my parents and roommates and a little bit of CaptainSwan, I've fallen in love with loose leaf tea over the last year, and I bought the Roasted Almond Tea on a whim after trying a quick sample while at the tea store.

Long story short, I ended up going back only weeks later to buy more.

EPCOT = Every Person Comes Out Tired:

I've already discussed my schedule this semester, and if you didn't read that post, all you need to know is that freetime, if there is any, is usually spent working on something else, therefore eliminating any freetime anyway. Whether it's writing a paper or a blog post, editing a video, filming a football game, working on a painting, doing a reading for class, organizing the music library, or practicing for my recital, every minute of every day is booked. Yesterday, while sitting in the library around this same time (11 p.m.) after working for 13 hours straight, I realized that my days here at college remind me a lot of a day at Disney. So I guess instead of thinking of my constant "go, go, go" as a downfall, maybe I should think of it as training for Disney world? This also may have something to do with th fact that one of my friends recently told me she overheard someone talking about walking on campus as training for a Disney trip...

Mac & Cheese

And you thought I was kidding when I mentioned Mac & Cheese earlier, didn't you? If you haven't been to your local grocery store recently, or maybe you just didn't buy Mac & Cheese recently, you should definitely head that direction if you're a Star Wars fan. There are currently Mac & Cheese boxes with pasta shaped as Star Wars characters, and while I'm not sure which characters are all included, I definitely had R2-D2 Mac & Cheese for lunch today. Thanks Mom!

But I Drifted...



It's not every day you get the chance to meet a real-life author, although I guess I'm actually surrounded by several every day of my life. That tends to happen on a college campus. Regardless, this past Friday, SNC was honored with the presence of Gina Barreca, who's book They Used to Call me Snow White...But I Drifted features one very obvious reference to Disney: Snow White. In her discussion with my English 305 class, she revealed that the title of the book is actually based on a famous line from Mae West, although the cover of the book definitely features a more Disney-based version of Snow.

You don't have to write a daily blog about Disney to find the little references to Disney in your life though! Let me know what you find in your day to day routine in the comments below!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment