Friday, September 11, 2015

Day 984: Hitting the Switch

A lot of the news we get out of Disney these days seems to be...well...bad. I guess it's not really "bad," per say, but there have been a lot of closings, and a lot of people are unhappy. There's one pretty big one that I've been anticipating though, and I've definitely thought a lot about it.

Disney announced recently that they're hitting the switch on the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, a holiday tradition that's gone back and forth from my favorites and "not so favorite" list for years. It used to be one of the huge reasons I wasn't a fan of the park, at least after they moved it off of Residential Street to put in LMA and onto The Streets of America. Since then, as I slowly grew to appreciate the park again, I found myself enjoying the lights a bit more every time I saw them, and now that they're leaving for good, I have to admit that even I am a bit sad.

I remember talking with Megan and Ashley about the lights before our January trip, and the excitement when we realized that we would catch one of the last nights of the season. You can watch the vlog from our trip to see the lights right here:


I guess it's making way for some pretty great stuff, Star Wars Land included, but I do wonder if the lights will come back in some form in the future. For now, I guess I'll just have to listen to Carol of the Bells and Christmas is Starting Now on repeat while I wait for Christmas to actually start. 

Are you sad to see the lights go? 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on September 25 due to a tight schedule).

No comments:

Post a Comment