Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Day 989: Hitchhiking Disney Fan

I've never really been a big fan of Halloween. I guess I just never really saw the appeal. I don't really eat a ton of candy, so that didn't appeal to me, and beyond that dressing up is fun, but I didn't really get into it until I started DisneyBounding.

Now, however, I'd give pretty much anything to be able to experience all the Halloween season has to offer in the Disney Parks. Maybe it's just because I follow a lot of Disney fans who live close enough to attend the parities, see the shows, meet Jack and Sally, and ride the Haunted Mansion Holiday, or maybe I'm just really missing Disney to the point that I want to be there in general, but here's a few of the things I'd just love to experience:



I'll be honest with you, I haven't seen Hocus Pocus in years, but this reminded me why I really need to pull it back out this Halloween Season (and trust me, there will be a blog post when I do get around to watching it sometime between now and October 31). Actually, the entire Halloween show in general would be great to see live, but I do tend to say that about every speical event show. So...can we get a Hocus Pocus sequel then, or is that too much to ask? 

The video also brings up another great point: Villains. Why aren't the villains out like all the time? Meeting the Evil Queen and Captain Hook at Disneyland was basically the best (and I'm still sad I missed Cruella!), so Disney World needs to get on that. Dr. Facillier, Hades, Cruella, Maleficent, Jafar, everyone! Oh...and can we meet the Sanderson Sisters too while we're at it?



When I was younger and would spend time with my Dad in his office at work, we'd always listen to Live365 and Fastpass Radio, and I can't even express to you the number of times Haunted Mansion Holiday came on. I never quite understood why Disney World doesn't get this update, and while I love the Disney World verison of Haunted Mansion better, the fact that Disneyland gets this definitely ups how awesome it is. 

While there are tons of other experiences at the Disney Parks for Halloween (seeing the Mickey Pumpkins, Dressing Up, Hallowishes, just to name a few), I think these are the main ones. The whole Sanderson Sisters thing really got me this year. Maybe I'll throw in Halloweentown to my October Movie List too. That or I'll have to hitchhike to Disney...both of them.

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on September 25 due to a tight schedule).

No comments:

Post a Comment