Thursday, September 3, 2015

Day 976: First Flight

With every new semester comes new classes, and that means awesome new opportunities for Disney connections! This fall I'm taking several new classes, including one on Marriage and Family as Vocation that fulfills an upper level religion requirement. The course covers everything from Hook Up Culture to Marriage to Friendship, and it was one of our first days in class that our professor shared an adorable video that really stuck with me. The title? "An & Ria's First Flight." You can watch it below:


When I first watched this, I couldn't help but think of my friends and I as we headed to Disney this past January. None of us are exactly fond of planes...or rollercoasters, sort of like An. And yet, by the end of the day, every single one of us is like Ria, laughing all the way home. 

Ashley and I especially talk a lot about how Disney has made it possible for us to try new things. A few years ago I wouldn't go anywhere near a rollercoaster, but largly thanks to Expedition Everest, I went on several large ones this past summer at ValleyFair. I wouldn't of tried sushi, and now I eat it as often as possible. I can't speak for Ashley, but I do know that the best part about all of it is that we get to experience these things together. Sure, I've been to Disney how many times, and she's only been there twice, but it's all about the moments we share together, the same way An and Ria got the chance to fly together for the first time! 

Now...if only we could fly in a beautiful little plane like that. 

Have a magical day! 


(Note: This blog post was written on September 24 due to a tight schedule).

No comments:

Post a Comment