Saturday, September 26, 2015

Day 999: Happy Haunts

What do you do when you get to day 999 of your blog about Disney? TALK ABOUT HAUNTED MANSION OF COURSE!

To be honest, it's after one in the morning when I'm writing this (although it won't be posted until later today), and I'm exhausted, so I have no idea where I'm going with this. I do, on the other hand, believe we need some background music...


I used to hate The Haunted Mansion as a kid. I wouldn't go anywhere near it, no matter how much my parents tried to convince me otherwise. And then I saw the movie, you know the one, with Eddie Murphy, and I finally managed to find the courage to go on it. Now The Haunted Mansion is my favorite attraction at Magic Kingdom, and I try to ride it as often as possible when I'm there. Actually, thinking back, I couldn't even listen to the song when I was younger (because of course it's on every Disney Parks CD ever). I was so terrified of it that I would listen to the song and think some ghost was going to come after me. Now, with the number of times I've been on it, I probably have 999 happy haunts floating around my house. We have one for sure. I named him Bojangles. 

Speaking of The Haunted Mansion, can we talk for a second about some of the amazing merchandise that's out there now? I finally settled on getting the bookends, but gosh do I ever want that teacup and that apron. I've also definitely been toying with the idea of getting a new phone case with the Haunted Mansion wallpaper on it...but I already have two phone cases for a phone I haven't even gotten yet, so maybe that one will go on the back burner for a while.


The Haunted Mansion is, I found out, pretty great, and I'm counting down the days until I can go pick up a few more hitchhiking ghosts. For now, I'll just be here, planning the day I'll become the 1000th...although something tells me 1000 isn't that far off...

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment