Thursday, September 24, 2015

Day 997: The Muppets

While I didn't have a chance to watch it live, I did indeed catch the pilot episode of the new Muppets show that's on ABC! It's always a struggle when you have class during your favorite TV shows (thank goodness OUAT is on a Sunday), but I manage to keep up with things fairly well!

Anyway, I thought this first episode was hilarious, and I love that they brought back the idea of having guest stars on the show, just like in the old days. I haven't seen the last couple of seasons of the original Muppet Show, but I have seen 1-3, and it was awesome to catch little references to those episodes. I think I was mostly just excited to see them all back on the screen again. I've really grown to love the Muppets over the past several years, and I look forward to watching them weekly!



Other than the guest star thing, they really brought the Muppets into the modern world, and while I know several people are upset about the more mature content of the show, I honestly think it's been there for a while. The Muppets were never just for kids, as they were just as much for adults, and that definitely rings true in this new show.

Also refreshing? To see all our favorite, and some lesser known, Muppets back in the game! Plus there were a few new characters thrown in there too! I happened to watch the episode while eatinng lunch and I honestly couldn't even stop laughing for a while. As a member of a different generation, some of the jokes in the old show really got lost on me, but I picked up on everything in this new one. I especially loved the Gonzo line about the cuts to interviews. Priceless.

You can catch The Muppets every Tuesday at 8/7c on ABC!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on September 26 due to a tight schedule).

No comments:

Post a Comment