Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Day 1073: A Computer Here, No Laptop There

There is nothing, and I mean nothing, more frustrating than taking a blogger/YouTube creator and pairing them up with a laptop that decides to stop working randomly. Don't get me wrong, I love my laptop, and amazingly enough, HAL9000 has been through some interesting adventures, but that doesn't make finals week any easier. 

Luckily, I have some wonderful people in my life kind enough to share their computers with me when mine fails and the library is too full of people to get any work done. In total, by the end of finals, I figure I worked on somewhere around 8 different computers (or was it 9?), which were made up of a mix of Windows of various versions and Macs, which I've only begun to understand. Honestly, I had to look up how to turn one on when I was faced with a black screen that was obviously just shut off. I HAD TO LOOK IT UP! 

The point here is this: even when you're faced with a non-working computer and a bunch of finals, there's still time for Disney. How did I manage to work it in? Music, for the most part, took on that role. After all, it's fairly simple to throw on a Disney playlist while I'm studying, and much of the music I'm working with in Music Theory and History at the moment has found a home in the Disney Parks over the years. 

Planning for Disney played a small part too, mostly in the realm of video ideas, which are promptly collected in a notebook to come back to later. The same can be said for blog posts, which have titles listed on a spreadsheet in Google Drive so, even if I don't have time to throw together a blog post at the moment, I can come back and write the appropriate post later (much like I'm doing right now). 

A word of advice though: if you plan on starting a daily blog, being an English major, a YouTuber, or really, a college student in general, get yourself a laptop that works...and then keep all of your files either backed up or online. You never know when they might decide to disappear. 

Have a magical day! 


(Note: This blog post was written on December 23).

No comments:

Post a Comment