Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Day 1086: To The End

Well look who's finally back! (Me, the answer is me).

With less than 10 days left in 2015, you'd better believe that catching up Everyday Disney has become a number one priority on my list of things to get done in the next 18 days before my trip to Walt Disney World. There's honestly a lot to get done in addition to the 59 blog posts that have yet to make an appearance here on Everyday Disney, but I start to get jittery if it's December 31 and my blog doesn't say 365 posts for that year. So here I am, about to do a blogging marathon between now and Christmas. My theme and motto? Give me blog posts, or give me death!

Regardless, let's give you a quick update about my life over the past couple of months. I did something similar back in October (or November, I honestly don't remember), but since there have been multiple things going on, all of which contributed to the fact that I now have almost 60 blog posts to write in a couple of days, I figured we should do a rundown.

HAL Died...Again...

If you've been around for a while, you know very well the struggles I've had with my beloved laptop, HAL9000. In typical HAL style, he decided that the week before finals would be a wonderful time to stop working, and I ended up having to finish my semester at SNC on borrowed computers. It was an interesting experience to say the least, and I do believe I ended up using about 8 or 9 different computers in the span of two weeks.

My Roommates

I've been blessed with two years at college that were, amazingly enough, roommate problem free. It seems, however, that this semester brought the end of that, as for the past month or so (three weeks especially) I've been dealing with some pretty bad roommate issues. I'm not going to go into the details, but it's been a very emotionally exhausting experience, and led to me commuting for the last week of the semester. Goodbye time to work on the blog.

Finals

Speaking of the end of the semester, I can't make a list like this without including finals week, which was more like finals WEEKS. In fact, the last week at SNC wasn't all that bad...it was the week before that that caused real problems. Amidst those roommate problems, I also had a portfolio for my English class due, multiple papers, and then, of course, finals to study for. In other words, in addition to being emotionally exhausted, it didn't take long for the mental and physical exhaustion to kick in too, leaving me sound asleep every night before my head even hit the pillow.

Everything Else

In addition to all of that, I've played in multiple Christmas performances here at SNC, as well as a Christmas Cantata off campus. I'm singing with my church choir for Christmas Eve, went to see Star Wars, am helping out with the High School Band, and am trying my hardest to keep up with everything else. Unfortunately, my totem pole of priorities pushes Everyday Disney down the more busy I get with school, so it usually comes in last, even after the YouTube Videos, which have also stopped at the moment other than a random one here or there. But now that the semester is finished and I have a bit more free time (ha!) I can quickly make my way through the posts that should have been done months ago.

Oddly enough, with the exception of a few days further back, most of the posts still go along with something that happened that specific day. I went back through my Twitter to try and determine what went with each specific day, and I was luckily able to identify what was going on in my life for the past few months with relative success.

So...here we go. One blog post down, 58 left to go.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment