Thursday, December 10, 2015

Day 1074: The Final Countdown

I remember writing this blog post down with the full intention of actually writing it as I sat at a borrowed computer...but then it somehow got to be about 1 in the morning and all I wanted to do when I finally finished enough of my work was go to bed. Regardless, this is a daily blog, so I'll try to do my best to capture the excitement that came along with the one week mark for Star Wars and the one month mark for my trip to Walt Disney World falling on the same day.

I try to motivate myself in life through a series of countdowns, and I usually have more than one. If I count down to little things regularly, like the return of Once Upon A Time, the premiere of The Force Awakens or a trip to WDW, time tends to go faster. Plus, with that daily reminder on my phone, I can get excited while also remembering just what I have to look forward to when I finish my work.

So, as you can imagine, having two big markers for two of those events fall on the same day right in the midst of a week of crazy finals was pretty spectacular. What did I do to pass the time until those events? Work, mostly. Honestly a huge portion of my life in the past month has been spent constantly working, and now I'm gallantly trying to catch up before the second marker, my trip to Disney World, comes around.

Will I make it, who knows? And let's be honest, this blog tends to get behind like the slowest horse in a race, but it's never been about keeping up...it's always been simply about realizing the impact Disney has on our everyday lives, and then sharing that magic with the rest of the world!

This is going to be a much longer rant if I don't cut myself off, especially since even now I'm getting super excited for my trip to Florida, but if I have any hope of that happening, I need to get back to work!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on December 23).

No comments:

Post a Comment