Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 413: Jack Sparrow

While working on my secret project the other day, I decided that since Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl is on Netflix, that I would watch it. I haven't watched them all in a while, so it worked out pretty well. I mean, it's kind of hard to watch a movie anywhere around here without getting interrupted, but it works out ok. So then tonight I ended up watching the second one: Dead Man's Chest. I think of the four this is the one I've watched the most though...funny since I think it's my least favorite.

So let's talk for a second about some of my favorite moments from Pirates of the Caribbean. I actually like the third one the best, so this will be kind of interesting, but we'll see.

I mean, first off, I think just the fact that it's Pirates of the Caribbean. It can't get much cooler than that. I actually said to Megan that if it weren't for my motion sickness, Pirate ships seem like a pretty cool place. I mean, they probably are really gross and disgusting, but that's ok. It still looks fun!

Secondly, Jack Sparrow is seriously great. Hilarious just all over the place.

Third...there is TOTALLY a parallel between Will & Elizabeth and Emma & Hook. In the first one, Elizabeth injures her hand, and Will helps her take care of it in a way VERY SIMILAR to how Hook helps Emma in Tallahassee. It's the same hand and everything. Parallel #1 for CaptainSwan. Woot woot!

Fourth, I LOVE how they threw in little hints to the attraction. I mean, whenever they sing Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me) I basically freak out. I know that in the third one there's some audio that is totally direct from the attraction that says "Dead Men Tell No Tales." And then how the attraction has little things inspired by the movie now. Like the mermaids from the fourth film. I LOVE THOSE THINGS. Like one of my favorite parts of the attraction  just because it makes me smile. =)

Other than that, I can't think of much off the top of my head. Catching up on blog posts (when you're sick) can be a difficult thing sometimes!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment