Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 422: Flowers and Gardens

For some reason, this morning I found myself on the Walt Disney World website. Weird, I know, right? Either way, what popped up first? Of course, The Flower and Garden Festival! Since I'll be visiting for the first time in just a few weeks, I figured I'd take a look at what's all there so I kind of know what to expect. Truthfully though I have no clue, and have really had no wish to go to Flower and Garden before, but the closer we get to it the more excited I find myself getting. Maybe it's just because I'm going to Disney in general or what, but hey...I'll take it!

So, since I'm going through the website I figured why don't we do a list! Haven't done one of those before, and this will kind of be a My Favorite Things post, in two parts. First, here, we'll have the top 5 things I am most excited about when it comes to the Flower and Garden Festival, and when I get back after seeing it for the first time, I'll give you a list of my 5 favorite things I got to see, eat or experience! Seems like a good plan, right?!?

5. Just Being There


Now, like I said, I've never really wanted to go to the Flower and Garden Festival. I'm much more of a Food and Wine Festival kind of person. Like...so much food and I love it. But I'm never there at either time of year to go to either of the special events, so I just live my life happily with Christmas Decorations. But that doesn't mean I'm not excited about getting to experience the Flower and Garden Festival! Everyone else in my family, meaning my parents and my brother have all been there, and I haven't. It's probably because I haven't really ever been there in the spring, but that's beside the point.

4. Special Merch


It's not really a secret that I LOVE my Disney merchandise. I mean, in my dorm room alone I have tons of Disney Shirts, my vinlymation, Disney cups and Plates and Bowls and...wait...I should do a My Disney Collection post on my dorm room! Brilliance aside, I am very excited about the fact that for the first time in forever (lol) I will actually get a Flower and Garden Festival pin because I WENT TO THE FLOWER AND GARDEN FESTIVAL! There are occasions that I have like a Food and Wine Festival pin just because I was able to grab one right after the festival ended, but it will be awesome to actually go to the event and get a pin from it. Way more fun. I mean, really, who doesn't love Disney Merch?


3. The Topiaries


As I was saying, my parents have been to the Flower and Garden Festival before, which means I've seen countless pictures of the special topiaries they have there. And little do you guys know that they start growing those things WAY in advance (Actually that was probably pretty obvious), and I got to see basically all of them a few years ago in the horticulture department when I was on my Backstage Magic Tour. But that's the closet I've come to actually seeing the Topiaries.

In particular, there are a few I'm really excited about and can't wait to see. It will be really awesome to see the one in front of Spaceship Earth in real life, that's for sure. I've seen similar stuff at Christmas, but never the Flower and Garden Festival one (obviously). I also read that Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy will be around for the first time this year, and Lightning McQueen and Mater will be returning! But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about a certain Pirate with a waxed mustache and a perm (Are they bad?)

2. The Wonders of Life Pavilion


Being a life-long Disney fan and "resident" of Walt Disney World, I've seen my fair share of new and old buildings. I remember watching Horizons be replaced with Mission SPACE (I miss Horizons), and yes, I do remember the days of the old The Living Seas. Which means I also remember another pavilion that's gone completely: The Wonders of Life. Ahh the days of Cranium Command and Body Wars (never actually went on that one though...Haha), I remember them, and since it's closing I have been excited about the prospect of getting back in the building. It is not uncommon to find me standing outside just staring at the building because I'm so jealous other people get to go in it (the same runs true for the Millennium Celebration building). My mom and my brother, for instance, have both been in the building during the F&G festival, but I haven't.

Yes, I know it's absolutely nothing like it once was, or what it is in my "A Day at Epcot Center" video, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited about going in the building and having a mini freak out session about the fact that I'm standing there. It's just special.


1. FOOD


Did you really expect anything less from me? Like seriously.

Starting last year I believe, the F&G Festival added a bit more flavor to the event by including "Outdoor Kitchens," which have tons of different food options that are normally not around. The problem is, with so much awesome food around, how in the world am I going to choose what to eat!?! I mean, we're talking "Frushi" in Japan, which is basically fruit sushi, Gnocchi in France, Beijing-Style Candied Strawberries in China, Basically Italy in General, Freshly Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Biscuit with smoked salmon tartare in the UK and then there's, of course, Spice Road Table to check out now too. TOO MUCH FOOD FOR ONE LIZZIE.

And yet I will totally eat all of it.

Tune back in a few weeks from now for the second part of this post, which is also the next volume of "A Few of my Favorite Things!"

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment