Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 420: You vs. Me

Here's a tip, brought to you by Pinterest even though I'm pretty sure I've shared this one before:


In all seriousness, please don't try this at home. Like just...don't. It's very true...YOU WILL NOT WIN. 

Sadly, it seems that some people I know haven't totally figured this out yet, and regularly I DO get people arguing with me about Disney. I know in Philosophy class we were talking about how it's good to have free and equal discussion about stuff, like our opinions and beliefs, because if a person can prove us wrong, then we should be listening. It's like the saying to keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The more you learn about those against you and the arguments they present, the stronger your going to be in the long run. 

BUT, there is a point where you just need to not try. Because 95% of the time, if you try to argue with me about something involving Disney, I will argue with you until I do prove you wrong, and often times I don't even need to do any background research. 

Let's take, for example, the topic Keith Lapinig is probably known best for: Beast's Real Name Isn't Adam. If you need a refresher, here's the video: 


Keith is like my #1 source for whether something Disney is true or not...and a huge portion of the time, it's not. Let's review a couple of times when things were said that went viral but actually weren't real: 


Remember this one? The one that went super viral on Facebook and I got at least 15 questions about (because in my little world it seems I am the Disney authority...but that's a topic for another blog post). Yeah, either way, THIS ISN'T REAL. If it was, at one point, then it isn't anymore, as I honestly have never meet these Characters or seen this in action. I can't imagine it is though, since it would be really rough on the costumes, and the costuming department IS a place I have been (and honestly can't wait to go back to someday. It was awesome). So, in other words, please don't do this. Nothing will happen. And don't even think about yelling "Bonnie's Coming!" cause that won't work either. 

There's also that idea going around that Elsa, Anna and Rapunzel are all cousins. I like this idea, and it is honestly one of my head-cannons, but deep down I KNOW it isn't actually real, and if you ask me about it I'll tell you that it isn't. It's fun to imagine things like that (especially since I love everything Tangled and the fact that Flynn and Rapunzel were in Frozen just about killed me), but that doesn't make them true. 

To quote Keith, we "live in an age where Wikipedia and Google have become our main source for information, even if it may be false information." In other words, it is basically the internet that spreads these rumors. Like I said, some are fun ideas, like the Pixar Theory, and a lot of times it makes a lot of sense, but that doesn't make it true. You can publish it all you want, and talk about it all you want, but that doesn't mean it's legitimate.

Shoutout to Keith for being awesome for debunking myths such as Adam and my personal favorite of his "If You Can Dream it, You can Do it." Guys...that's not a Walt Disney Quote. Just saying.

The lesson here? Don't argue with me about Disney. Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and just about every social network can help to spread unofficial ideas and "truths" about Disney, and I'm more than happy to answer questions you have about Disney to the best of my ability. Not to say that I'm ALWAYS right, as I have been proven wrong before, but just...don't try to tell me things that are obviously internet rumors. I'll find the truth faster than you can say Hans Kristoff Anna Sven (no...not Hans Christian Anderson).

To watch Part Two of "Beast's Real Name Isn't Adam," click HERE, and don't forget to subscribe to Keith! =)

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment