Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day 433: The Next Disney Princess

One of those random Disney blog post topics suggested in my music theory class this morning was "The Next Disney Princess." My friend Brian is far ahead of me in the news on the new Disney films and productions, as I have always been more of a Disney World news kind of person. In fact, I've never really been into the Disney films as much as many of my fellow college students. It's surprising considering the rest of my life.

Anyways, so when Brian suggested this as a blog topic, I was kind of confused. Who in the world was the next Disney Princess? I know he said that the movie wouldn't be out for like a long time, but it still sparked my curiosity. So I did my research, and realized that I have indeed heard about this new Disney princess. Granted, there really isn't much information out there about her or the movie, but we do have a little bit, right?

Sounds like the next one will be Moana, a Polynesia princess and sea voyaging enthusiast who sets off on a journey against demi-gods and spirits. The film isn't set to be released until 2018, so we have some time before we actually are going to start seeing real concept art and further plot for the story, but it is interesting.

Personally, I'm excited to see a Princess from a part of the world other than Europe. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it will just be different. I mean, one of the main concerns people have about the Princesses is the lack of ethnicity within the group, and I have to agree there. I mean, our last four Disney Princesses were all from Europe: Rapunzel, Merida, Elsa and Anna. Plus, you can't deny that Elsa, Anna and Rapunzel look strangely alike. Not that it changes my opinions of them much because I still love Tangled and Frozen for all they're worth.

But it will be interesting to see how the marketing and promotion for this new film work out. With people already creating fanart for this new film that's still four years away, it's going to be a lot to live up to if you ask me. I mean, at this point, how is a film going to beat out Tangled and Frozen? It will have to have a really solid plot, with great characters and music AND everything else the world expects. That's not an easy job.

Still...I have no doubt Disney will be able to pull it off. Here's a couple pieces of fanart for the new movie.


 

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on March 28 due to Midterms and Travel).


No comments:

Post a Comment