Friday, March 28, 2014

Day 452: FAF: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Time for the last Featured Attraction Friday of March, and let's take a look at the brand new, not even open yet, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! I think this will be a bit of a different FAF post though, mostly me just talking about how excited I am for the whole thing while also being sad that I probably won't get to see it when I'm there in June because I'll be so busy doing other stuff that I won't have time to wait in a long line for such things, no matter how much I want to go on it. Plus, the day I have to march a parade is probably not the best time to test how well my motion sickness works.



I did get to see part of it with the walls down when I was at Disney a couple weeks ago, and this is about the fourth time I've been there to see it under construction. It reminds me of when Everest was being built, and we really did see it go up over a couple of years. It's just really interesting to see how things are built up. And now that some of the walls are down, you can really get some insight into what the ride will be like.

I remember the first time I saw the concept art for the Mine Train, along with the rest of New Fantasyland at the D23 Expo in 2011. It was a crazy thing to think about at the time, all these brand new things: a new castle, a Little Mermaid Attraction, a restaurant themed after Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast, a double Dumbo attraction AND A brand new thrill attraction? It was just too much to handle. Plus, at the time, Toontown Fair was still very much a part of what I knew as Magic Kingdom, and thinking back now, it's weird to think that that once stood where Storybook Circus now stands.

But I do remember seeing the virtual ride through of the Mine Train, and the thought of cars that rock and forth was kind of crazy too. This was brand new technology, and it was coming to Walt Disney World, the place I consider home. That's a big deal! And now we're so close to seeing it for real! I mean, they're doing drop tests pretty much daily, and soon we'll all be able to experience Snow White in a way we never have before. How exciting is that?

You can see the virtual ride through paired with some of the first onboard video of a drop test below. I can't wait to see it for real!



Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on April 2 because it's been a super busy week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment