Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day 436: This Is Madness 2

If you remember, last March I was very outraged over a March Madness competition, specifically the on featured on the official Star Wars website. Well guess what, we're in for a round two, and I'm not sure if this is any better.

Let's start with the good news. I DO like how it's set up this year. There's still a light side and a dark side, but they have it down in sub categories, meaning that first we find out our favorite "Rebel" or "Jedi" or "Soundrel," long before finding out the ultimate Star Wars character. The problem? It puts some of the best characters head to head right away while still involving some less important characters. It means that just like last year, you could have a character that no one knows make it to round three while Luke Skywalker never makes it past round one.

And that's exactly what happened already. That's right, Luke Skywalker is already out of the competition. He lost to Obi-Wan Kenobi. While I do find this somewhat entertaining since it was only last year that Han lost to Obi-Wan, but still, is that really fair?

But the ultimate crazy thing? Han Solo has made it past round one, as I knew he would, but is now going up against Chewbacca? Funny, maybe...but really? Is that even fair? It's just like how Leia is once again going up against R2, and she'll lose again.

Ultimately, I'm really interested to see how the whole thing will turn out because last year Yoda won, which was a huge surprise considering Darth Vader was the favorite going into the round. I guess my hope here is for Han to make it further in the competition, because last year was just plain ridiculous.

In other Star Wars news, we're getting new stuff at Star Wars Weekends this year, including a breakfast meal with characters from the film! Although I'd just like to say that I'm not excited to meet Greedo. I WANT TO MEET HAN SOLO! Gosh people, get it straight. Then again, would it really be Han? No. I think I just want to meet Harrison Ford.

Either way, I sadly won't be going to Star Wars Weekends...again...as I just got back and won't be back home until June, just after the Star Wars Weekends end. Sigh. Someday I'll get there. Someday.

Have a magical day, and don't forget to vote!

(Note: This Blog post was written on March 27 due to Midterms and Travel).

No comments:

Post a Comment