Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 455: Quiet Minds

It is time for another Once Upon A Time blog post, and may I just say that this episode just about broke me. Before we get into the screenshots and such (which are honestly kind of interesting this week just because of what the episode was about versus what I took from it), I do have to say a couple things.

One: It's not a secret that I ship CaptainSwan. I do. Have for a long time. But that doesn't mean I am not incredibly, deeply saddened by Neal's passing. I have actually known for a couple months that someone was going to die, and as of about a month and a half ago, I was absolutely sure it was going to be Neal. That being said, I've had some time to prepare myself for this, but even so, I almost cried during the episode. I didn't, but I almost did. I think the only way I am ok with his death is because someone was going to die, and of the big eight (Emma, Snow, Charming, Henry, Regina, Neal, Belle & Hook), I felt that Neal would be the best choice. His storyline fit up and, of these characters, he is the one I will miss the least.

BUT that being said, I'm not HAPPY about it. I know that this next Sunday, when we have the funeral for Neal, I WILL cry. Because each and every one of these characters is so important to one another. And that's one of the most important things to remember about the love triangle that's been going on. They love one another. It's not a competition to see who's going to win, because ultimately they all care for one another. Just because I want Emma and Hook to end up together doesn't mean that I don't love and care about Neal, because I do. I may not always show it, but I do. Because he made Emma happy once, and he made her smile in this last episode like we haven't seen in a long time. If anything, Quiet Minds made me ship SwanFire more than I ever have before.

In other words, I do not, in any way, support any kind of hate from one ship to another at this moment or in any moment. I would NEVER send hate to a person who ships SwanFire just because I downright love CaptainSwan. That's not how the world works. These are real people out there, and this is just a fake reality on a television show. And I don't know about my fellow shipmates, but I am grieving over Neal just as much as anyone else.

As my best friend said earlier today, I ship NealAlive.

Two: Words can't express how much I loved that scene with Hook and Neal. Going along with my previous point, I'm so incredibly glad they included that in this episode because I think a lot of people do forget that Hook and Neal care about one another. Yes it makes for one awkward family tree, but this death is going to affect Hook too, and I absolutely cannot wait to see how they play that out in the next episode.

Three: Can I just say something? Jello. Green or Blue, I don't care. But Hook and Jello? Yeah, I ship that.

And so we come to the wonderful screenshots from this week's episode. For your convenience, I put all the ones that actually have to do with the storyline first, and then my CaptainSwan fangirl moments after them.














Sooo...in that scene in Gold's shop when Hook says he's gonna stay with Belle, I can't be the only one who noticed that look Emma gave him. That one that basically said "Killian..." Haha, I love these two. Meanwhile, Colin's face was just full of priceless expressions this episode. Just saying. Hence the reason that there are like 6 pictures just of his face. I have problems. 

As for what's coming next week, let's just say I'm going to bring my own box of kleenex to my friend's dorm room. 

And finally, this week's Disneybound is inspired by the one and only Rumpelstiltskin! This is by far one of my favorite Disneybounds thus far, and it's the first of three very exciting ones for me!



Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on April 2 due to a super crazy week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment