Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 445: Princess Fairy Tale Hall

It's kind of interesting, going through these blog posts, because I could write one from very early in February and then go and write one from last week. It's kind of hard to keep track of when I'm behind, but hopefully before the day is done I'll be all caught up. Because otherwise I'm just going to go insane. With four vlogs left to edit as well this is just not going to work otherwise.

Either way, next March Trip topic! As you all know, New Fantasyland is getting very close to completion, and new parts open here and there was we wait for the final section, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, to premiere to the public. It's been a few trips now since I first set foot in Be Our Guest and took my first ride on a clam-mobile (kind of...because we all know those were at Nemo first), but another new part opened between July and March: Princess Fairy Tale Hall.

I may or may not have previously talked about how a little bit of me wishes that I had met more of the characters as a kid, just because everyone else did and I don't always have as many of those experiences or memories. Then again, I guess my top favorite princesses weren't really big back in my childhood days, other than Belle, so there wouldn't really be a real reason for me to meet the Princesses. In fact, I still generally don't.

Within the past 5 years I've met only a handful of Princesses - Ariel, Tiana and now, Rapunzel and Snow White. Actually, I wasn't planning on meeting Rapunzel until June when I am there with my friends, but it ended up that I met her twice on this March trip. The one night I was going around Magic Kingdom looking for my friend Hannah, I happened to be by Princess Fairy Tale Hall. The wait for Snow and Rapunzel was only 20 minutes, much better than the earlier wait times, and decided to check it out. I mean, it wasn't all that long of a line, and I DID want to see Princess Fairy Tale Hall.

Considering the previous locations for the Princess Meet and Greets, I think this is brilliant. It is a bit confined just because of the space and location it's in, but the overall design is wonderful. There are portraits of some of the Princesses on the walls, and as you'll eventually see in my vlog (if I ever do get them all done), you can also find Cinderella's Glass Slipper. The entire thing takes some time to get through line-wise, depending on how many people want to meet the Princesses, but it's a really unique way of doing it, with two Princesses in each room. I like it. Plus, they are just adorable all the time.



Now, since Anna and Elsa are moving there, I'm not sure what to think. Lines for them have been over 4 hours long at Epcot...and I just don't think Princess Fairy Tale Hall is going to have the amount of space necessary to house that many people, but at least it will offer a fastpass+ option for some people. Whether or not that will make the line shorter or longer I don't know, but it should be interesting to say the least.

I'm kind of sad though because I DIDN'T have a nice camera with me other than the video camera and my phone...which was dying at the time. So I only really have the one picture at the moment, especially since I have yet to get pictures from off My Disney Experience or from my Mom. Soon though...soon.

Here's some pictures from Day 4:






Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment