Friday, May 2, 2014

Day 487: Meet and Greet

Day 7 of the Disney Photo Challenge: A picture of your favorite in-park character.


Blast from the Past: 



Hmm, this one is a bit tough again because I generally don't go to see characters...although it's on my bucket list for my upcoming trip to go find as many as possible! 

I guess I'll have to say Pluto. He's just so hilarious sometimes...well, then again, so is Goofy (who seemed to be following us at the Disneyland Resort when we went...it was pretty funny). 

I love Pluto because he's got this...spirit about him every time you go and see him. He'll just hurry up and give you a doggy kiss on...generally...your head. It's pretty funny. I know when I was little my family at a lot at a restaurant at Epcot called the Garden Grill. It was one of my favorites because the entire seating area rotates in a giant circle. So you can start by going left to get in the restaurant, but have to exit from the right because that's how much you moved. And down below there are scenes from the "Living with the Land" attraction...including a rainforest, a desert, a farm and a prairie. 

Anyway, there are four characters in this restaurant, all dressed in their farmer's best...Mickey, Chip, Dale and Pluto. I, of course, loving Disney, would get excited when any of the characters appeared a few tables down...but when Pluto got close I was ready to jump up the second he was done with the table in front of us. Pluto's also known for his hugs and high-fives...which for a little girl who, especially loves dogs, was awesome. 

That and Pluto's signature rocks. =) 

Back to the Future: 



This one's pretty easy for my to identify now. In the past two years I've actually met a whole new wealth of characters, and I DO have some new favorites! I narrowed it down to three, so that's impressive if I do say so myself.

In March I got the chance to meet Flynn Rider and Rapunzel, which was basically a dream come true because you do not know how much I love Flynn Rider. You just don't. I literally ran across half of Epcot to meet him. HALF OF EPCOT.

And then, I really have found a ton of joy in meeting Ariel, especially in her Grotto at the Magic Kingdom. She's super adorable and I can't wait to take my friends to meet her as well, since I mean, everyone needs to talk a little bit about the weird inconsistencies between our world and under the sea.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on August 19). 

No comments:

Post a Comment