Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 502: Knights on Broadway

Our college is a pretty awesome place, at least when we have time to enjoy things that aren't our homework or sleeping. So after finals were all finished, Shovell and I decided to take in a show, or rather a concert, put on by some of the fine musicians that go to school at our college. There's a group of 10 students that sing in something called Knights on Broadway (the name comes from the fact that we're the Green Knights). This particular year, they were singing a show they called "Let's go to the Movies," which, honestly, is like the perfect show for me. I love musicals, I love movies, I love music! BOOM!

The show was spectacular. I'm very glad I went to see it because really, it was two of the most enjoyable hours of the last few months for me (seriously...there's only four of them, and the other two were the finale of Once). There were songs from Grease and Mama Mia and so on and so forth, but by far my favorite section of the show was the Disney section. For a good while they sang numbers from some of the most famous Disney broadway musicals, such as Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. Let's just say I was sitting there basically freaking out.

And Shovell can attest to the fact that at the beginning of the show I really freaked out because they started with Hooray for Hollywood. But not just ANY version of Hooray for Hollywood. We're talking the EXACT VERSION THAT PLAYS IN THE GREAT MOVIE RIDE. Yes, I was actually failing around and half jumping out of my seat. It was interesting, and exciting and MADE MY LIFE.

So congrats to those involved on Knights on Broadway! Brian, you did a great job as Lumiere, and Lauren, GREAT ARIEL! Sadie, that Ursula was awesome, and everyone else, I LOVED IT ALL!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on May 22 due to finals). 

No comments:

Post a Comment