Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 489: EAT

Day 9 of the Disney Photo Challenge: A picture of your favorite Disney restaurant. 


Blast from the Past: 



Do I really have to choose? 

REALLY? 

I can't...there's too many! 

Alright, fine. I'll narrow it down to three...although I have about 10 others. I'll say two sit-down and one counter service, how's that? 

For my first sit-down restaurant I am choosing a less expensive one. Well, not that it's un-expensive when you take my brother and I there. I really enjoy the restaurant Tokyo Dining, located in the Japan Pavilion at Epcot. They have some of the best sushi ever...and it's actually right across the Pavilion that I tried sushi for the very first time just a couple of years ago. My personal favorite thing to order there is the Volcano Roll...and I don't even remember what it has in it, but it's a giant pile of sushi covered in spicy sauce. AMAZING. 

My counter service restaurant pick comes from a resort, not a park. It's called Good's to Go, and it's located at my home resort, Old Key West. It's kind of a joint restaurant with the sit-down next door, Olivias...another on my list of favorites. Anyway, Goods is great for my brother and I because we often spend time at another location next door...Hanks Rent and Return, where we get our Ping Pong Paddles and Ball to use on the nearby Ping Pong Table. We love to play Ping Pong. Goods has some really great food, especially the smoothies and sandwiches. It's convenient, delicious and one of my favorite restaurants. 

My final choice is the one I would probably consider to be my favorite restaurant. It's expensive, and is located right next to the most expensive on Disney Property, and at the most expensive of the resorts. It's Citricos at the Grand Floridian Resort. It's so formal it has a dress code, not quite like V&A next door, but still a dress code (and it's not the only one on property either)! I almost always order the same thing when I head to this restaurant...although the menu changes a lot. I always order arancini, an appetizer that's basically a cheesy rice mixture formed into a ball and then deep fried (but the good kind of fried...not like from a fast food place). It's awesome. And then I have steak and mashed potatoes with peppers and onions for my main course, which I often split with my dad. And finally gelato for dessert...and the last time we went they had the best Espresso Gelate I've ever had. It's expensive, no doubt about that....but it's some of the best food I've eaten in my life...just as all the food at Disney is. 

Back to the Future: 



Can't say I am any more decisive than I was two years ago.

I've actually covered this topic before in a "Few of my Favorite Things" post, but let's talk about currently. What's my favorite restaurant RIGHT NOW?

Well, I do love Be Our Guest. It's very quickly worked its way into my favorites list. And I mean VERY quickly. One dinner there and I was hooked.

But honestly, I love ALL the Disney restaurants. Sometimes you'll have a bad experience at one, but that's no reason not to go back, because you never know, it may have just been the night. I certainly have favorites here and there, but it's so difficult to pick because I HAVE eaten at so many. I like to mix it up just about every trip, heading to places we haven't been in a while. In January the restaurants are hand selected to correspond with the fact that my friends are coming with us, and I assure you there will be plenty of food eaten on that trip.

Because seriously...when isn't an extreme amount of food consumed on a Disney trip?

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on August 19). 

No comments:

Post a Comment