Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 503: SNC Graduation 1

It's funny, because in High School, by the time I actually graduated, I had already sat through three other graduations, and in college, I'll sit through three before my own as well. I mean, someone has to help play Pomp and Circumstance, right? At least in college we get paid for our work.

Either way, this past Sunday I sat through my first of four graduations here at St. Norbert, and not surprisingly, it was filled with weird and very random little Disney references. The Commencement speaker in particular was just amazing. His name was Chris Ayers, and he's a '97 St. Norbert College Alumni. I guess I don't even really have words, so you can watch his speech here: 


Chris is an artist that works out in California, and it was interesting because his career path seems very similar to how I want mine to go. Of course, I won't be drawing animals on my way out there, but it's still interesting to think about how when he went to school here, twenty years before me (I graduate in 2017), he had similar dreams as I do right now, which makes his speech that much more inspiring to me. 

But that wasn't the only Disney reference at Graduation. The class 2014 speaker ALSO mentioned Disney, using one of my absolute favorite quotes: "All our dreams can come true, if only we have the courage to pursue them." When she mentioned "As Walt Disney once said," I was like what in the world is going on? Is this graduation ceremony the one of my mind? I guess you could say that I really hope my college graduation is as good as the class of 2014's, which I'm sure it will be. However, that's a ways off still...not that time won't go quickly! 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on May 21 due to finals).

No comments:

Post a Comment