Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 486: Never Have I Ever

No, not the drinking game! Its...

Day 6 of the Disney Photo Challenge: A picture of something you've never ridden/seen in the parks! 


Blast from the Past: 



Tower of Terror...it's as simple as that.

Why have I never been on this ride? It's not the story, and it's not that I don't like thrill rides (I LOVE the mountain range at Magic Kingdom and I think Everest is awesome!). I just don't enjoy the weightless feeling of dropping 13 stories on a broken elevator. I think this is partly because when I was little, I went on Splash Mountain, one of my favorites now, and they didn't have lap bars. I was a pretty little kid, and the nearest thing to hold on to was about two feet in front of me. So, naturally, when you go down a giant drop into a briar patch, I was freaking out that I was going to fall out...and with a drop of that size, you have a weightless feeling. It scared the crap out of me then, although I don't mind it much on that ride anymore, and the drop on Everest is pretty thrilling, but I will not...EVER...go on Tower of Terror.

I love the thought itself, the storyline is great, and how they connect it to the Twilight Zone show is just awesome. It really does look like an old hotel from the time period, just completely abandoned...including a chess game that goes unfinished. It's a thrilling line, and I almost always walk through the line and then take, the ironic, elevator down to the end and skip the ride. The cast members that work there must have so much fun. They just get to act all creepy all day. I couldn't do it...I would start smiling and ruin the creepiness.

And that's just one of the few I've never ridden. I've also never been on Mission Space at Epcot due to some health restrictions (motion sickness...lovely), but otherwise I've done pretty much everything at least once. There are some restaurants I've never been in, and I'm still discovering new things each time I go, but someday I promise...I will do everything, other than maybe Tower of Terror.

Back to the Future: 



I'm funny, aren't I? Here I am two years later and I still haven't been on Tower of Terror despite the fact that my band director was dead set on me going. The world worked with me though, providing me with a breakdown just in time to skip the attraction in June. Although in order to get out of it I had to make a deal that I would go on it in January. Not looking forward to the day I die.

But let's take a step back and look at another thing I've never done that I can't wait to experience: the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and New Fantasyland. My parents got to go on the Mine Train in June, but we just didn't have time, meaning that I won't get to experience it until January. That's alright though, I mean, I've waited this long, haven't I? I remember when we first learned about it at D23 in 2011, and now all of New Fantasyland is finally finished. Since I'll have more time on my next trip, I seriously am looking forward to experiencing more of what the new area has to offer, since I haven't really done most of it (I haven't been on the new Dumbo or met the characters or anything like that).

Unlike Tower of Terror, however, this is one new experience I'm pretty darn excited about.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on August 19).

No comments:

Post a Comment