Monday, May 26, 2014

Day 511: Remember That Time?

Do you guys remember that one time when I said that I was going to watch all the Disney movies in order and I didn't really get past Snow White? And then I decided I would try again and made it to like Alice in Wonderland, or somewhere around there. All I remember is that I didn't get to Peter Pan, so there's that. Well, I'm going to try again. The way I figured it, I have a while until I go back to school, and the movies can always play while I work on other stuff, just like this blog, so it's like a double win!

I think it's more because I actually intended to watch the movies that paired with fairy tales while I was taking the class, but with so little time during college, I didn't really get around to it until now, and I might as well just start at the beginning.The funny thing is, if I remember correctly, the last time I watched Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, I didn't like it very much. I don't really know why, but I just didn't. However, now that I'm watching it after loving OUAT and reading the fairy tale and just getting back from Disney and everything, I can't help but think about how I forgot just how adorable it is. I mean, this is a really cute movie with the dwarfs and everything. Plus, you've got the beautiful music and you're reminded just how much of a major accomplishment this must have been for Walt Disney and his team. A full length animated picture! It's so different from the movies we see today, but in my opinion it's just as good. Alright, so maybe there's a bit less action, but seriously the Evil Queen is pretty creepy, even if all I can think about when she's on screen is Lana.

I have no clue how often I'll actually blog about the movie that I happen to be watching, because I can't really just blog about movies for like 50 some days straight. Well, maybe I could. I mean, I have enough days to finish making up from before my hiatus, and I still have a ton of time left before I go back to school and the wonderful internet that I'll have there every day.

Currently, I'm just think about how silly it is for the old hag to bring a whole basket full of apples, all different colors. I guess the only one that's red is the poisoned one, but in reality, what would have happened if she had lost track and ate that apple herself? I mean, it couldn't be that far off, right? Then she would have never woken up! That is, unless we're talking OUAT. Regina has plenty of true loves that could come and save her.

Gosh, I could never animate an entire movie. I'm just no good at that. Maybe I'm able to draw the dwarfs, but that's about as far as I can go. I think I'll stick to writing, thank you very much!

Have a magical day, and feel free to join me in watching all the films! I'll post on Instagram when I do!

(This blog post was posted on July 17, 2014).

No comments:

Post a Comment