Sunday, May 11, 2014

Day 496: Let the Rain Come Down

Day 15 of the Disney Photo Challenge: A picture of what you do when it rains in the park. 


Blast from the Past: 



What do I do when it rains at Disney? I go to Disney...duh.

You see, when it rains at Disney World, especially in the winter months, no one is there...at least for a while. Back in 2007 I believe, we headed down there in January. One morning we were going to Magic Kingdom, and amazingly we were up to go for park opening. Anyway, at about 8:#0 it POURED. Like...there was a serious thunderstorm, warning and all. Hail, pouring rain, wind. It lasted 10 minutes. We left for the park, and were the 9th car in the lot. No one showed up until 11, and even then it wasn't that busy. 

So, a tip for you...if it rains, buy a poncho and go to the dang park anyway. A little water never hurt anyone.

Back to the Future: 



If it rains I do what I do any other day...I go to the park. I may get soaking wet in the process, but who really cares? Back in July 2013 it rained just about everyday, but luckily I had packed a wardrobe that was great for getting wet in, and then in June 2014, on our last day, it just POURED and POURED and POURED, almost canceling Illuminations, but we survived that too.

After all, the only person ever hurt by a little water was the Wicked Witch of the West.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on August 19).

No comments:

Post a Comment