Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 497: Shopping Spree!

Day 16 of the Disney Photo Challenge: A picture of your favorite place to shop. 


Blast from the Past: 



Ahh, another difficult one. I knew it was coming. 

While I have a special place in my heart for the Briar Patch, the gift shop near the end of Splash Mountain, I have to admit...Mouse Gear at Epcot is probably my favorite. You see, at Disney, the shops are just sa themed as the rest of the park...making it hard to choose. 

I love Mouse Gear because it incorporates so many pieces of Disney...and it has just about everything. From Board Games to charms to stuffed characters to princess dresses and more. Plus, it's in Epcot...and it's giant, so when it's warm out...just come up with an excuse to look in Mouse Gear and enjoy the air conditioning. 

Other notable shops I love include pretty much everything at Animal Kingdom...I love the decor there! And you can't go to Downtown Disney without a stop at the "World of Disney" store, or the "Art of Disney" store either (or the other one at Epcot!). Of course, I love the Art of Disney store because once and a while an amazing piece of art shows up there...like SOLO! I love that painting. So if you want to give me a $500 present, find a copy of "Solo." I'll love you forever. 

Now, actually, that I thought about it...there's one other store that I hold dear to my heart. My dad loves antiques, and we can never make a trip complete without a stop in the antique store at the Hollywood Studios. It's got signed pictures and more from many of the most famous actors, singers and other artists in the world. Someday...SOMEDAY I TELL YOU...I will find my Harrison Ford signed Han Solo picture. Or at least an Indiana Jones one. So there..if you want to get me a little less expensive, $200 present, get me one of those Harrison Ford signed things...and I will love you forever...maybe more than the person who got me "Solo." 

Back to the Future: 



Good Lord. This is a hard question. STILL is a hard question, even two years later.

Sadly, the Antique shop has closed and been changed into a Fastpass+ Kiosk. It makes me incredibly sad, because I honestly think that was my favorite store. I loved going in and searching through all the autographs. I heard they have some in a different store at Hollywood Studios, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. January, for sure.

So now I'm left with a new issue. If my favorite store closed, what's my new favorite store?

I think I'm going to have to go with The Art of Disney. As much as I still DO love all the other stores on my list, I think I end up in the Art of Disney store at both Epcot and Downtown Disney at least three or four times on a normal trip. It's a little bit of an issue, especially since I literally can't afford like anything in them. But I can dream, right?

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on August 20).

No comments:

Post a Comment