Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 508: Proud Alumni

I am very proud of where my High School Band has come from, and excited to see where they're going. But one of the things I'm most proud of is the fact that I've been able to be a part of all of that. I watched the band go from disoriented to going to Disney World, and to be completely honest, that is something I never thought I would see. But this group continues to surprise me, and this time, it gets a blog post, which means that it really makes me proud.

Two years ago we weren't gearing up for Disney, but instead for our trip to the East Coast, Boston and New York. We were all very excited, and back in those days I was the Vice President of the band, meaning that I, at the time, ran the band facebook page that still continues to this day. Before that Band trip, I decided that we needed a fun way to count down each day, and since that was not long after the addition of cover photos to the facebook pages, I decided that a great way to do that would be through those cover photos!




I'm no stranger to graphics, so it wasn't all that difficult to do. Just a little bit of editing and some fun fonts and I was done with the countdown. I handed over the band page this last year to the current band council, surrendering total ownership of the page I had started, but I'm very happy with those running it now. Since I don't run the page anymore, and I only update my own cover photo and profile picture when I head to Disney (it's a thing I've been doing haha), it never even crossed my mind that there might be a similar countdown for this trip, especially since we didn't do one last year. 

But like I said, they keep surprising me! 





Yep, they're doing a similar countdown for the Disney trip. Can I just say PROUD ALUMNI!?! 

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on May 24 due to finals).


No comments:

Post a Comment