Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 33: FBLA

Today was my regional FBLA competition. I know I talked briefly about it the other day, but since today was the actual competition and it largely involved Disney for me, I figured I'd talk about it a little more.

I participate in Public Speaking II, which means I write a speech, memorize it and then present it to a group of judges. This is my third and final year in FBLA, and I'm more determined to go to nationals than ever. Why? Because it's in a little city called Anaheim, California...which just happens to be the location of Disneyland. I have been excited about it for quite a while...and I really want to make it to nationals. At the moment though, I really want to focus on state and getting to finals. One step at a time. One step at a time. 

But anyway, we don't have a lot of guidelines for writing this speech, other than it needs to include an FBLA goal and be centered on Business. This year, since it is my final year, I decided to do a speech on just how much FBLA has impacted me. I don't want to talk too much about the content here though, just in case someone out there is reading...but it does center largely around how FBLA has changed me as a person and has helped me in my decision to become an Imagineer. Of course, it's a challenging occupation  but basically because of FBLA I am prepared to do whatever it takes to reach that goal. 

And so, I ended up recieving first place, and that means I'm going to state competition. I won first place the last two years as well at the regional level, once in Public Speaking I and once in Public Speaking II, and at state I got 1st in public speaking I and 5th in Public speaking II. Overall pretty successful I think. I'm exciting to be headed to state for my third year, and I can't wait to continue work on my speech and make it the best it can be. 

Here's today's Disney History: 2006: Disney announces that the Disneyland and Disney World Pirates of the Caribbean attractions will be undergoing a 3-4 month makeover to work in character and plot elements from the movie series that took its inspiration from the original attraction. (The attraction now features Jack Sparrow, Mermaids and several other elements of the film series).

Have a magical day!




No comments:

Post a Comment