Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 45: The "Harrison Ford Sit"

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! And of course, because of this fact, I'm going to do a blog post on a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with Valentine's Day! Well...almost.

So a few months ago for Christmas I got a few things I was very excited about. The seasons of the Muppet show, of course, my Empire Strikes Back poster I got from one of my friends, and my Spaceship Earth phone case and 30th Anniversary Epcot Map. But aside from these, I also got "The Making of Indiana Jones" and " The Making of the Empire Strikes Back."

Since I love pretty much anything Harrison Ford, these were both amazing books to get! And of course, they're filled with tons of behind the scenes stories and pictures...of which I combed for anything relating to HF. I came across some great stories, especially from "The Empire Strikes Back", but that's not what this is about.

While my friend and I were looking through the books she came across something. There were two pictures, one a very famous picture of Ford, Carrie Fisher, George Lucas and Mark Hamill from the set of "The Empire Strikes Back" and the other a picture of Ford on the set of one of the Indy movies. But it wasn't just the pictures that intrigued us...it was what was in them.


Notice how he's sitting? Despite the fact that he's in two very different places on two very different movie sets wearing two very different costumes and playing two very different characters...he's sitting the same way! And so, this was determined as what we call "The Harrison Ford Sit." 

But it get stranger. I found yet another picture in the Indy book to show that he really does sit this way a lot..and then another picture in which he's not even in a chair! He's sitting almost that way on the ground!


But here's the real catch! Last night while on Facebook one of the pages I follow posted this picture...


Not only does Harrison Ford sit the same way all the time...but he SLEEPS that way too? Now quite honestly he probably doesn't do this all the time, but I found it interesting that there are so many pictures of him sitting the exact same way...and the sleeping thing is just a mix of awesome and weird. 

Granted, is it weird that I study how Harrison Ford sits? Probably. But you have to admit that it's kind of weird and intriguing at the same time! 

On a side note, and here's the Valentine's Day part of this blog post, I found the absolute perfect Valentine. If this was a little prettier, it would be amazing!



Here's today's Disney History: 1929: The Original Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant opens at 1624 Vine Street in California. The Hollywood Brown Derby will serve as the inspiration for the restaurant in Disney's Hollywood Studios. 

Have a magical Valentine's Day!









No comments:

Post a Comment