Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 39: California Adventure

Oddly enough, my day was so busy I really didn't have a lot of Disney to look into today. But, of course, Disney still found me as I turned on my computer upon returning home and found that it was indeed a very big Disney Birthday!



Yes, back in 2001, 12 years ago, California Adventure opened. It's not every day that there's a Disney Park birthday, so it's always something to talk about.

While I've only been to the park once, I do know a little bit about it. When I was really little I remember seeing the ads for the park on TV and on the videos...and quite honestly I remember thinking that it was the strangest looking thing ever. I just couldn't understand why Buzz Lightyear was going on a missing to a park with a giant dog mountain and riding a Roller Coaster while everyone else was freaking out back at Disneyland. Granted, I wouldn't travel to Disneyland to understand what everything looked like for another 10 years, but the park was still something very new to me. And it's true...it's the newest Disney park in the U.S.

I went during the renovation period...so I saw construction on CarsLand and on Buena Vista Street and that's about it. Paradise Pier was finished thankfully, so I spent a lot of time over in that section of the park, but otherwise the park was just a lot of walls and loud noises. Still, I enjoyed my trip very much...especially World of Color. It's one of about two or three things I wish we had at Disney World (the others are Indiana Jones and the Pirates of the Caribbean version they have there).



And so, I'd like to wish Disney's California Adventure a happy 12th birthday. May you have many more!

Here's Today's Disney History: 1960: Walt Disney receives two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, one for television and one for movies. The TV star is located on the North side of the 6700 block of Hollywood Boulevard, while the Movie star is at the North side of the 7000 block of Hollywood Boulevard.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment