Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 35: WDW'S 25th Anniversary Special

This morning, as I was catching up on my Super Bowl commercials, I was on Youtube and it suggested I watch "Walt Disney World's 25th Anniversary Special." Of course, like any good Disney fan, I went and am currently watching the show.

It's hosted by Caroline Rhea, who for those that don't know, played Aunt Hilda on Sabrina, The Teenage Witch, and she now voices the mom on Phineas and Ferb. She's pretty comical. I'm also very jealous of her, getting to host a Disney special. Someday...maybe that will be me. Well, I can hope, right? 

I don't really remember the 25th Anniversary, since I was just a very little girl, but I do know what the castle looked like...and if you haven't seen it, here's a picture...


No, you're not seeing things. It really does look like a giant castle of a Birthday Cake. 

I do think it's pretty funny how they travel between the different years. She travels from the 25th Anniversary back to 1965, before Disney World existed, and now she's at Disney on opening day. Personally I envisioned the park being a bit busier, but it looks pretty awesome either way. I've actually seen the opening day special from Disney World. 

And now we're headed to my personal favorite grand opening in 1982. The opening of the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow...otherwise known as EPCOT. Ahh back in the days of Horizons. Those were the days, but a topic for another blog post as well. Spaceship Earth, amazing in it's own right...and..ahem...the best Disney attraction ever...ahem. 

Anyway, if you'd like to watch the entire 25th Anniversary Video yourself, it's embedded below. 

Here's today's Disney History: 1947: Disney consultant Tim Onosko is born in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Known as the go-to guy for the future, Onosko accurately forecasted how technology altered the entertainment landscape. He helped define Epcot by steering the theme park’s designers toward cutting-edge gadgets.

Have a magical day!




No comments:

Post a Comment