Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 43: Ratatouille

Apparently I know how to spell Ratatouille. I had to go check on Google of course, just to make sure, but I typed it in and it came up correct. I count that as a success for today!

Anyway, last night I had musical practice until 7 and I ended up going home after that with a headache...which meant that I wasn't going to be practicing any of my instruments any time soon. That would probably only make things worse. So instead I decided to watch a movie...and I spent a good amount of time deciding on which movie to watch. After sitting on my bedroom floor next to my movies for a good twenty minutes, debating between a Disney movie and Indiana Jones, I decided to go find Ratatouille and watch that, since I've been meaning to do so for quite a while.



I realized last night while watching that I feel old. Like not really old, but it's strange to think that Ratatouille came out after Cars, and Ratatouille feels old! It feels like some of my favorite movies came out so long ago, which I guess is kind of true because high school has gone much faster than I'd like. I do think it's awesome though how Pixar now does a movie every year, and I don't know about you, but I'm super excited for Monster's University.

But Ratatouille is one of my favorite Pixar movies...if I really can distinguish my favorite. Maybe it's the food, or how awesome Remy and Linguini are, or the fact that it's in France. No matter what though, it's a pretty awesome movie...if you like watching it and ending up feeling terribly hungry.

As I was checking the spelling on the title, I decided to look into some trivia from the movie, which I do from time to time because I love movies and find it enjoyable to bring our random facts about things every once and a while. It's like how I know the "backstory" of the Carbon Freezing Scene in "The Empire Strike's Back" by heart, but that's for a different blog post!

For instance, did you know that in order to create a realistic compost pile, the animators photographed and researched how real produce rots? There were fifteen different types of produce left to rot and then photographed, including apples, berries, bananas, mushrooms and broccoli. Or the fact that the shop with the window of dead rats actually exists? And that to save time and money, the human characters were designed and animated without toes?



Yeah, there are some pretty interesting things in the making of this movie! And there's plenty more out there that I'm sure you can find if you are really interested!

Here's today's Disney History: 1809: Abraham Lincoln, the 16th U.S. President, is born in a one-room log cabin in Hardin County, Kentucky. Lincoln is the subject of such Disney attractions as Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln and Walt Disney World's The Hall of Presidents. Walt Disney was always fascinated with the life of Lincoln. As a young boy, Walt recited Lincoln's Gettysburg Address to his elementary class...dressed as Abe!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment