Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 57: Dapper Day

I've obviously talked about Disneybounding before, but this is one time I really wish I had been at the parks.

Thursday wraps up the current Disneybound contest, Dapper Day, which is an extension of the event that occurs at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. What happens, basically, is you dress up, inspired by a Disney character as Disneybound does, in a "Dapper Fashion," so basically you're dressing up. You could do it any number of ways, but generally it's somewhat inspired by the fashion found in Walt's era, and I think it's a pretty cool idea. 

Here are some of the pictures of the large groups at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland...and honestly I wish I had been there. It's a bit cold to dress dapper here in Wisconsin at the moment, so I had to skip out on this one completely since I don't want to freeze, but hopefully when I head to Disney in July I'll make one of my days a bit more dapper. =)



Here's today's Disney History: 2006: The Timekeeper - located in Disney World's Magic Kingdom - permanently closes (although it hasn't operated since late 2005). A poorly attended Tomorrowland attraction, if first opened in 1994. 

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment