Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 40: Auditions

Today was the day that I had auditions for music scholarships at the college I plan on attending next year, and I'm happy to say that it went well!

Of course, I think you can always expect to make a few mistakes...and I certainly made a few mistakes...like not breathing for the second half of one of my pieces. That was probably a really bad idea. But still, the whole process was pretty casual and I didn't really have a lot of questions about the program since my mom went to college there and I've spent a lot of time on the campus growing up. It helps that one of my best friends is already going there this year, and she too is a music major.

I guess I really haven't talked about what I want to do though...like what I want to major in. I plan on attending a four year college and double majoring in English with a writing emphasis and Alto Saxophone Performance. Of course, my band director isn't happy with this since he believe I should go into Music Ed...but I just can't see myself as a music teacher for the rest of my life. Not when I want to pursue a career with Disney.

I know that there are plenty of writing opportunities in Imagineering, and they have a music area too, so either major would hopefully eventually help. The truth is, English and Music majors aren't exactly the best majors...there aren't really a lot of jobs in either one. But I figure that while I'm at college and have the opportunity, I might as well double major. I love writing and I love music...so between the two I'll hopefully be a happy...and stressed out...person!

Here's today's Disney History: 1996: The Disney Institute Opens at Walt Disney World, Florida. The Institute offers more than 60 programs in 8 interest areas such as animation, culinary arts, rock climbing and wilderness exploration. The institute is an attempt to allow guests to have a vacation...with a dose of educational entertainment.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment