Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 42: Disneybound Day!

I don't believe I've ever talked about Disneybound on this blog. I know I did a feature for it a while back before I started this blog over, but not since I've started the blogging everyday. 

For those that don't know, Disneybound is a Tumblr run by a lovely lady from Canada, and the idea is to take modern, everyday clothing and make it into a themed Disney character outfit. Of course, it's not just Disney characters...it's Disney everything! Here's a few of my favorite outfits that she created: 




The thing to remember is that you don't need to buy this specific clothing to make the outfit work. You can, but that would end up being pretty expensive. You want to look in your own closet, at the thrift shop, goodwill, or anywhere you regularly shop and create Disney themed outfits with what you have. It's not meant to be expensive...it's meant to be creative and fun! 

So now I'm trying to do a Disneybound a week...which doesn't always work, but I pulled out one I've been meaning to do for a while for my outfit today. What better to Disneybound as on a Monday than Epcot!


I found everything for this outfit pretty easily. The Sweatshirt was out for the 30th anniversary and I got it on my last trip to Disney. It's honestly probably the most expensive part of the outfit, but I love it. It's light, and will certainly be coming with me to Florida in July. Second is the American Adventure shirt...also out for the 30th. My parents got it for me for Christmas...even though I got it before then because I found it when they opened it and I stole it right then and there. The last part of the outfit is the shoes...which my Grandma gave to me. Yeah, every once and a while we play that "Here's some shoes for you to look at" game, and to be polite I'll take like one pair. Well, the last time we played this game she pulled out these shoes and I immediately thought of Disneybound. It's like a pair of shoes that screams Epcot. So I got them for free. 

Will I wear this outfit to Disney on my next trip? I have no clue...but maybe! Of course, the next time I go is July...meaning it's going to be super warm. I'll have to change the outfit up a little bit since I won't be wearing jeans...but it's a possibility. I might bring the shoes along just for that point...and Disneybound as Epcot at Epcot. We'll see. 


Here's today's Disney History: 2007: Randy Newman's "Our Town" (From the Disney/Pixar film "Cars") wins best song written for motion picture, Television or other visual media at the 49th Grammy Awards.

Have a magical day!




No comments:

Post a Comment