Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 187: A Grad Party

Today was, finally, my Graduation Party. I guess I'm not saying finally in the idea that I was looking forward to it, but more-so because I was looking forward to it being over. Planning a Grad Party is just a lot of work, and these last couple of days have been crazy trying to figure everything out for it. You see, a couple of days ago I realized that I had nothing really planned for my party, but I knew I had to do something special. If I didn't do something Disney themed, for instance, I felt a bit like I was failing at life...and letting this blog down. It just seemed like something I had to do.

So I hit Pinterest, and came up with a few ideas as well as plenty of ideas of my own, and then I set to work with my friends and family. After a number of hours (ok, an entire day for me and Megan) we managed to get everything ready, and I'm really really happy with the results...even if technically they're already gone taken down.

I think my favorite part of all my decorations was the entrance. If you've ever been to my church or were to my party, you know that it's kind of confusing trying to find your way to the basement where we all were. So, I devised a plan on how to lead people there, and who better to lead them than Figment? I got the idea from Imagination itself, where towards the end of the attraction Figment's footprints lead you back to the Imagination Institute. I even replicated the signs from when you're headed to Figment's house in the first place!


But that wasn't all that was Disney themed at my party! As you can see in the picture below, there were plenty of other things going on too! Obviously there were plenty of Mickey's present. I had one at each table and several more on some shelves! Les Paul made an appearance, as did Sleeping Beauty Castle. I also had the screen set up so I could play a video that had "Memories" and "The Amazing Chase" playing every so often for people to enjoy. And finally I had board games for people to enjoy, and boy, did we enjoy those!  


Of course, the day wouldn't be complete without mentioning Everyday Disney! So on the doors as people left I had Thanks for Coming signs that encouraged them to check out this blog. If you, a person that attended my grad party, are reading this, then I'm super glad you came!!! It means a lot to me that you took the time and effort to check out my blog! 


So overall the party was success. Granted...Disney is so close that I can taste it, and now that this is over I can put all my focus on the fact that I only have a couple days left until I'm in Florida!

Here's today's Disney History: 1925: Walt and Roy Disney put down a $400 deposit on a lot at 2719 Hyperion Ave., in the Silver Lake district of Los Angeles, California. They plan to build a new animation studio. The single story building will serve as Disney's base for the next fifteen years. 

Have a magical day!





No comments:

Post a Comment