Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 201: Saving Mr. Banks

Now, I know this isn't exactly brand new news, because it first came out about a week ago, but I swear this is the first chance I've had to actually blog about it. Going away for a week really puts you behind schedule! I tell you, I'm pretty sure I didn't have all this work when I left! That's probably because I didn't have half this work when I left...but hey!

So this is a blog post I've been waiting for for the past few days. It just happened that there were other things I needed to blog about too. In fact, there's so many things I want to blog about that I should probably write down so I remember them all.

Anyways, last week the trailer for the new Disney movie "Saving Mr. Banks" finally premiered. Now, I admit, when I first heard about the movie and saw some first pictures of filming at Disneyland I was like "WHAT? That will never work." But now that I've seen the trailer...I can't stop watching it. I honestly think I might go to see it ASAP when it comes out too, because I am REALLY excited. Yesterday alone I watched the trailer 12 times.

Since I keep talking...you might as well watch it for yourself if you haven't already...I think I'll watch it again too.


Initial reactions (From the first time I watched it):

1. Tom Hanks as Walt Disney? I love Tom Hanks. I love Walt Disney. Will it work to put the two together? 
2. DISNEYLAND. 

And that's about it. 

My reactions after watching it about 50 times: 

1. Tom Hanks works as Walt Disney. If anyone is going to play him, I'm glad it's Tom Hanks. 
2. I love the music...and how Disney puts trailers together in general. 
3. Did anyone else notice that odd cut with the Sherman brothers? I did...seems they were wearing different clothing in the one shot. Oh well. LOL
4. My favorite parts are when she's all "No no no no" and Walt is like "Well when does anybody get to go to Disneyland with Walt Disney himself?" and then the driver is "There he is!" and Walt does that little wave thing. AND the part with the Chinese theater at the end that's paired with "I swear everytime a person walks into a movie house...they will rejoice." Although the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious thing was pretty funny too. Oh...and the ending. 
5. I think, based on what I've seen so far, they really brought a lot of who Walt was into Hank's portrayal of him, which is great. I mean, the slight swear word, and the thing near the beginning about how she has to call him Walt...brilliant and so Walt Disney. 

Other than that I really just love the whole thing. The more I watch it the more it grows on me (As if it could grow on me more than it already has). And so, I am eagerly awaiting December. Be sure to get more updates as they come through, because I am certain I'll be following everything that happens with this movie from now forward. 

Here's today's Disney History: 1969: The historic Apollo 11 moon landing is televised on Disneyland's Tomorrowland Stage. Neil Armstrong (who in July 2005 will take part in the re-opening of Disneyland's Space Mountain) becomes the very first human to set foot on the moon. 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment