Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 202: College: It Begins

Now, in these few days after Florida, I try to distract myself the best I can. Luckily, with the fair and college approaching it's fairly easy. Yes, I should be focusing more on the fair this week because, well, the fair is this week, and college isn't for another month, but at the same time, it's lingering there.

And that's kind of what I was thinking about tonight. It started with a list of things that either I or my roommate need to bring, because we're both going to use them anyway. We just need to split up who gets what. Of course, that morphed into "what do I need to bring" in general...which morphed into "what movies do I need to bring?"

Now, if you know me, you know that my movies are a very important thing. I cannot live without them. Like...no. Just no. If I'm sad. I watch a movie. If I'm happy. I watch a movie. If I'm stressed. I watch a movie. Bored? Movie. Angry? Movie. Get the picture? (LOL...Punny!)

I have quite the movie collection, although considering the collection my family has, this isn't really a surprise. It's actually made up of mostly non-Disney movies...unless you count all the Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies. Then Disney certainly beats out the others. Well...no, I guess maybe it already does. It's just close, we'll say that. Although the non-Disney number is certainly helped by my stack of Harrison Ford movies.

It's so difficult though. I mean, chances are I won't have time to watch any of these other than maybe like one or two, and we all know that one or two will end up being Empire and Indy. And in reality, my movies wouldn't be all that far away (it's like a 30 minute drive home). BUT, I just feel like I couldn't handle NOT having them. I guess I watch Star Wars and Indy and Tangled enough to warrant for sure bringing them, and I guess I could maybe live without the rest...but I just better not take chances.

Plus...how can you just leave Toy Story and Season Six of Full House (the one where they go to Disney World) at home?

You will be certainly hearing about more of my pre-college adventures within the next month, because as of tomorrow I have officially...well, one month, until I move in. How scary is that!?!

Here's today's Disney History: 1954: Construction officially begins on Disneyland. Amazingly it will be built in less than a year!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment