Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 207: Monsters University

I know, I know, it's seriously late compared to when I really wanted to go see it, but I finally saw Monsters University tonight with two of my friends! Sadly it isn't playing much longer, but it pushed us to go see it after it's been out for like a month. The rest of my family saw it earlier this week too.

Now, as far as Pixar movies go, it's very much a tie between Toy Story (all of them) which I have such fond memories of from my childhood (and the emotional factor in the last one), and Cars, which I absolutely adored when I saw it in theaters (why it didn't get the Oscar I still ask!). From there it's kind of scattered, but Bug's Life, UP, and Ratatouille are probably my next favorites. Meaning that Monsters Inc. was never at the top of my list. As far as music goes, that's where it hits the top, but overall, it isn't at the bottom either, WALL-E is actually, but that's another story.

So as excited as I was for Monsters University, I was never as excited as I was about something like Cars 2 or Toy Story 3. It was just the regular excitement of a new Pixar movie. That being said, I disagree with everyone else! I really don't think it's one of the worst Pixar movies! It did have me guessing until the very end, and don't worry, I won't say anything if you have't seen it yet. Was it as strong as Toy Story or Finding Nemo or even the original Monsters? No, but was it downright bad? Certainly not! Although I am kind of sad this didn't happen...




I think a part of it is the fact that the timing is great for me. In under a month I'm going to be in the same position as Mike and Sully...a College Freshman. Let's just hope that I remember a pencil on the first day of class! So in other words, my best friend and I found it seriously amusing when things like Sully hitting his head on the ceiling happened, a real worry of ours when we head to college next month. Plus, Little Adorable Mike is Adorable...



Overall, I laughed and had a great time watching the movie, and let's just say that I can't wait for it to come out on Blu-Ray. Oh, and if you were wondering, it lives up music wise to the original. It's second on the list for favorite music in a Pixar movie (previous holder was UP!)

Here's today's Disney History: 1921: Writer, humorist, actor and National Radio Hall of Famer Jean Shepherd, the voice of the father in Disney's Carousel of Progress attraction, is born in Chicago, Illinois.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment