Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 197: The Hardest Part

So I finally finished editing my final vlog from my Disney trip, and that means that I can finally write this blog post. It certainly took long enough. It's just so hard to edit video when you're so busy. But I did it, and now I will talk about that one thing no Disney fan ever wants to talk about: leaving.

Leaving Walt Disney World is like, I don't even know. It's just so terrible. I cry just about every time I leave now, kind of like I did as a kid, but I think it has more meaning now than it did then. Like now I realize that I might not be back for a really long time, kind of like what I'm going through right now. I'll be back with my High School Band in 2014, but that hardly counts as a Disney trip for me. Yes, it's Disney, and I'm really excited for it, but three days is hardly enough time for me to be home. And then I'll have to wait at least another six months to go back. I'm going to go insane.

And the problem is, no matter how hard you try, you won't be there or anywhere close until you go back. I mean, I listen to Disney Parks music literally EVERY DAY, and yet I still long to go hear it for real. Sometimes I just want to go and have time to just sit in the parks and listen to the music I listen to here. Like in Epcot. I want to just sit on a bench, people watch and listen to the music. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Just being there would be good enough for me.

So when you leave Disney, you're coming off this high of being there for a number of days, some of the best days of your life, and then you have to go back to reality. And then you go through Disney Depression, which I'll talk about very soon, and you just sit and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait until you go back.

And the worst part? Saying goodbye gets harder every time.

Here is the final vlog from my July 2013 Trip to Walt Disney World.



Here's today's Disney History: 1955: Television crews, Walt Disney, Art Linkletter, Ronald Reagan, Bob Cummings, The Mouseketeers, Thurl Ravenscroft, California Governor Goodwin J. Knight and over 28,000 guests witness the opening of Disneyland in Anaheim, California. Broadcast on ABC, it is the biggest live telecast to date.

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on October 12, 2013 due to obvious editing issues).




No comments:

Post a Comment