Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 194: Harrison Ford

As if I don't talk about him enough, here's an entire post dedicated JUST to Harrison Ford. But don't worry, I have a great reason this time! It's his birthday!

Is it weird or creepy that I know his birthday? Probably not on this one because he did turn 70 last year and that was all over the internet, and his birthday is two days before mine, so it's pretty easy to keep track of. In fact, on this day he turns 71, and you can see it in the Disney history down below! That's right, this whole thing is dedicated just to him.

Now, even though it won't occur in the vlog from my trip until tomorrow (technically), I figured that I'll talk a bit about the amazing experience I had in Florida involving Harrison Ford. No, he wasn't there, although I wish it had been that way. Still, I did get to do something I've been wanting to do for like...ever.

I GOT TO TOUCH HIS HAND PRINTS!!!!!!!



If you can't tell my the all caps there, I was just a bit excited, and if you watch tomorrow's vlog you'll know that I was, well, speechless for the most part. I honestly had no clue that his hand prints were there. I thought that he had never done so, even though I thought that I was somewhat weird.

Now what you don't see in the video is that I really was just walking up, and I normally walk up to the Great Movie Ride from the other direction, so that's probably why I had never seen it, but then, right in front of me was this:



Yeah, no joke. I started filming right then. I was like "Jonny...(that's my brother)...is that....???" and then I started freaking out on the video and then I went and touched his hand prints and it was the absolute greatest moment of my entire life.

Now, my obsession with Harrison Ford is kinda weird, because really he's one of my role models. I think the way he deals with the press is brilliant. Like, his personal life is his personal life. It's kept private. I mean, we know about his kids and how many times he's been married and his interests (granted...it's hard not to know that when he was referred to as the Best Carpenter in Hollywood when he was younger), but other than that, he likes to keep it to himself, and I think that's brilliant! We don't need to know everything he does, and he doesn't always need to be in a Magazine. That's a great way to live life. Second, acting is his JOB. Something he enjoys. And from what I've gathered that's all it is. Now, I would REALLY love to meet him someday and just ask him about stuff like this. Not totally about Star Wars or Indy or anything like that. Just about movies and why he does what he does. Like that sounds like an amazing conversation!

And you have to admit, he's got a pretty great sense of humor. If you've seen some of the newest interviews with him when they ask him about Star Wars, you know what I'm talking about, but if you haven't go watch them right away because it's so funny. And no, he's not grouchy. He's just playing with the obvious in order to avoid the questions because he technically can't release any information. All I have to say is, GO HARRISON FORD!

For my complete experience on HF's birthday, watch my vlog below!



Here's today's Disney History, as if you didn't already know: 1942: Actor and producer Harrison Ford, famous for his performances as Han Solo in the original Star Wars trilogy and as the title character of Indiana Jones in the Indiana Jones film series, is born in Chicago, Illinois. Star Wars and Indiana Jones have been turned into some of the most popular attractions in Disney theme parks all over the world. Ford also starred in the Touchstone Pictures Film Six Days Seven Nights.

Have a magical day!


Note: This blog post was written on August 19, after my actual trip was completed, due to obvious reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment