Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 189: Leaving? Not Quite Yet...

Now, if I'm being honest, it is currently the 17th of July, not the 8th, but as usual, I'm writing a blog post for everyday to make up for what I missed. But I do have a good reason! I was, well, sort of, at Disney! Actually, we were supposed to leave on the 8th, but sadly we were grounded due to weather delays. My dad got to Florida just fine, but the rest of us were stuck in Wisconsin for another day. Granted, we got there only about 12 hours late, but it was still really disappointing. I really didn't sleep at all because I was so upset. I even lost Star Wars Monopoly, and for those of you that know me, I love that game.

BUT! This does give me a great chance to explain how the next week of post are going to work. As you may already know, I have previously done a Disney vlog for each day of my trip, and this one was no different. So, each post will focus on a different aspect of my trip to the most magical place on earth, and will then finish with the video from that day. But this also means that, since most of the video has yet to be edited, it might take a little while for the videos to be finished. I have two done at the moment, so these first couple of days will be done, but then I will have to stop and work day by day as I finish the videos.

Fear not though, since I am planning on still doing my regular posts for those days (today, the 17th, included). So in other words, I'll have a bunch of out of order posts for a little while, but eventually everything will be back to normal. It shouldn't take me more than about a week to get the videos edited, if I work at them like I want to, but I do have fair projects to finish and other things to do at the same time. Plus, college will be starting soon, and I need to begin thinking about that while still attempting to do stuff with my friends this summer. It will be an interesting next month, that's for sure, but I'll always have time for Disney.

So here's what the next week looks like:

Tuesday July 9: Day 190: Sitting on Top of the World
Wednesday July 10: Day 191: Water, water, everywhere!
Thursday July 11: Day 192: My Kind of People
Friday July 12: Day 193: Magic Everywhere
Saturday July 13: Day 194: Harrison Ford
Sunday July 14: Day 195: Pictures Galore!
Monday July 15: Day 196: MY BIRTHDAY!
Tuesday July 16: Day 197: The Hardest Part
Wednesday July 17: Day 198: What's Next

This schedule is something that I generally do myself, and then as I get each day done I just go through and check everything off as I finish it. But it does give you all some idea of what to expect in the coming days. This trip was certainly a lot of fun, and had a lot of magic packed into the week that we were staying at Walt Disney World. I am so glad that I have a chance to share it with all of you! I know I've been sharing a lot on my Instagram, but that's a story for another post (Specifically Day 195).

Here's today's Disney History: 1776: According to tradition, the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is one of many bells rung to summon citizens for the reading of the Declaration of Independence (which had been adopted by the Continental Congress on July 3). Today a replica of the Liberty Bell sits on display in Walt Disney World's Liberty Square. The replica was cast from the mold of the actual Liberty Bell. In 1976, 50 replicas were cast and molded in honor of the 200th birthday of the USA. Each state received one and placed it in a spot of their choice. As Pennsylvania now had two Liberty Bells, Disney asked if they could acquire the replica for their Liberty Square.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment