Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 210: The Magic of the Internet

It's interesting how much I talk about the magic of Disney, but not about the source of how most of my Disney Magic gets to me when I'm not in the parks. Sure, I have my collections and movies and so on and so forth, but there are some things that just aren't the same. I mean, it's pretty hard to experience Illuminations in your backyard, or Spaceship Earth in your living room. I can make posters and write blog posts all I want, but it's never going to bring Disney to me in my own house.

Or is it?

You see, I follow quite a few people, both on Youtube and Twitter and Tumblr, and so on and so forth. This means that I have a ton of opportunities for Disney Magic to make its way into my life. And one of the most magical for me is live streams.

Every once and a while, some website or person will do a live stream from one of the Disney Parks. I think WDW Radio does it the most, with their "In the Box" idea of everyone watching from at home, and don't get me wrong, all of D23, I'll probably be sitting with my computer just watching. Watching and watching and watching. And once and a while there's live broadcasts from in the Disney Parks. Still, they're not the only ones to do it, many others do too, and there was one tonight again!

I didn't catch on to the time thing of why it was being streamed when it was for a few minutes, but it turns out that it was a livestream of Illuminations. I have always loved this fireworks show, and it is just much better in person. I've talked about it before, back on it's birthday too. But that's beside the point. As awesome as it is in person, we don't all live at Disney. At least, I don't. So when I come home and edit all my videos, it's like a reminder of my trip. It's not live though. It's not a realization that the same things I saw are happening at Walt Disney World right now.

And so, when I do get the chance to watch a live stream, it's extra special. It's just awesome to be watching on the computer and think "This is happening right now. I'm watching that, Live." Because even though I'm not there, it's still happening, and I'm still watching it.

Now, I can't watch them every night, but it is just something that really makes me happy from time to time. Especially when you're missing Disney a lot (much like I am right about now).

And a special note, I've been working with editing videos and multiple other projects, so the blog is quite a bit behind, but I AM STILL ALIVE! Don't worry! So things will be progressing as I finish transferring pictures and such. Everything is just kind of a jumbled mess in my life right now because I have way too much going on, but I'm trying to enjoy the last of my summer before college. Phew!

Here's today's Disney History: 1922: The first Laugh-O-Gram Cartoon Little Red Riding Hood is released. A silent black & white short, it is written, produced and directed by Walt Disney and animated by Rudolph Ising. It is considered Walt's first full-length short cartoon as prior to this only minute-long cartoons have been produced.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment