Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 211: A Way of Life

Since we haven't done a Pinterest post in a while, here we go. I generally just search through on my Disney boards, and this time I ended up where I normally do, The Disney Truths board, because there are some Disney things that are just common knowledge.


Take this one for instance, the simple fact that Disney is more than just a destination, it's a way of life. 

I think this is one of the things that's a truth for only people who KNOW Disney, and I mean KNOW It. To the large majority of the world, Walt Disney World and Disneyland, or any of the Disney Parks around the world, are just a place to visit. Parents want to take their children there when they're just the right age to have the full magic of meeting the characters still visable in their eyes, and kids want to go there to do just that, meet their favorite characters or ride some of the greatest rides! 

When I was a kid, it was just like that. I guess I didn't know it at the time, but I felt the same way about Disney as I do now, I just didn't know what to call it. When I would come back from a trip I'd bring my class at school some taffy from the confectionery, or Disney Pencils or something like that, and I grew up as the kid who always got to go to Disney World. I'm asked the same questions over and over again, but in reality, none of those people really know what I'm talking about. Of course, there are a few select people who really, truly understand just how much Disney means to me and what a part of my life it is, but most don't see it. 

They don't realize that the shirt I got in Florida, the Eat, Sleep, Disney one, is a perfect description of my everyday life. They don't necessarily know right away that I keep a daily blog where I write about Disney everyday. They don't know I have Larry Dotson prints on my wall or watching Park Videos regularly. And they certainly don't know that when I go to bed every night I listen to Epcot Music. 

You see, my life is filled with Disney. It's how I live now, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in this galaxy. To me, Disney is home, but it's also the thing I wake up to every morning when my alarm goes off (I change the song every month and the current selection is "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.") Disney is the news I read: instead of the local newspaper or watching the news, I read Disney articles daily on my twitter and blogger. I think about Disney at least 50 times per day, probably more. And then I sit down at some point to write my daily blog post that maybe is a part of someone else's Disney day too. And then when I go to bed, I fall asleep to Disney music, and then have dreams of the greatest vacations I could imagine. 

Of course, once and a great while, I get to go home to Disney World, but as the word home indicates, it isn't a destination or vacation for me. Vacation for me is the other 250 days of the year I'm not at Disney. And if all of this isn't proof enough for you that it's more than a destination, or that Disney World isn't my home, let's put it this way: 

Home is where the heart is, and my heart, is most certainly at Walt Disney World. 

Here's today's Disney History: 1999: At Walt Disney World, FASTPASS begins operation on the Magic Kingdom attractions Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. 

Have a magical day!



1 comment:

  1. WOW! Somehow I JUST found your blog. You described my feelings of Disney to a T. I listen to Disney music in my Disney themed classroom before my students arrive every morning, during my planning time, and as soon as the kids are gone each afternoon. We even dance to Disney music during indoor recess. All things Disney makes me happy!
    I go hiking with my husband on our vacations each summer, but I go "home" with my grown children and my mom at least once a year. It is certainly not enough, but with everyone's busy schedule, I take what I can get and enjoy every second of it.

    ReplyDelete